Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing Apple Watch 7 cellular with an automobile

I just bought an Apple Watch Series 7 with cellular capability so that I don't have to bring my phone with me all the time. I tried to pair it with my two cars and neither one will allow a connection. The Apple suppport personnel have informed me that the Apple watch won't pair with your car; only the iPhone, iPad and iPod devices will pair with your automobile.

So let me get this straight: I have just purchased an $800.00 watch which can test for heart arrhythmia, measure blood oxygen levels, heartbeat and calories burned. It will accept phone calls and I can make phone calls - but I can't do it through my car while driving?

"No sir, but you can always bring your phone with you if you want that capability from your car."

I am paying an additional $10.00 per month for cellular capability to the watch - but I can't do the simplest of tasks - which is to pair a simple bluetooth connection with my car in order to take calls - with a device that obviously has the horsepower to do this. Why do I need cellular capability if I need to bring my phone with me anyway?

Somebody please tell me this is incorrect information. I can't believe this is where Apple is drawing the line.

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 10:36 AM

This is a user helping other users with tech questions

forum, you are not addressing apple here just fellow users

you can try contacting apple Get Support (apple.com)

and or give them feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

Pairing Apple Watch 7 cellular with an automobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.