Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts

I have addresses in my contact list that have special characters before and after the name. They only show up when I type a name in an email They do not show up in the contact list. How can I delete them? They’re on an iPad.

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 2:35 PM

Hi Sunnymorn,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to delete or edit some of your contacts, and we'd like to assist. These articles have the steps:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Edit contacts on iPad

Take care.

5 replies

Dec 16, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Sunnymorn

Hi Sunnymorn,

If you're accessing your email using webmail, you can try clearing the history and cookies.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're using another mail app, you can try deleting and reinstalling the app. Beyond that, you may consider contacting Yahoo support for assistance.

Take care.

Dec 11, 2021 4:08 PM in response to KMB_12

Thank you for your effort to help me out but that does not solve my problem. The contacts that I would like to delete do not show up in my contact list. They only show up when I send an email, start typing in the recipient and choices appear. Some of them have special characters before and after their names. Thus not in any listing in the contact list. I get email from them that doesn’t go to spam until I send it there

Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.