Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Chicago configuration dist 299 for apple ipad login

Help me my ipad is not running what is Chicago public school dist 299 configuration for i pad I don't understand what can I do it's damanded to login Chicago public school dist 299 it's required username or login how we can find this help me quickly solved out my problem

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 10:41 AM

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

If this iPad has been used before (i.e., is pre-owned), this situation would suggest that the iPad was either not properly prepared for reuse by the previous owner - or the device has been stolen.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 10:41 AM in response to daneen162

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

If this iPad has been used before (i.e., is pre-owned), this situation would suggest that the iPad was either not properly prepared for reuse by the previous owner - or the device has been stolen.

Dec 10, 2021 10:42 AM in response to daneen162

We cannot give you any of that. You would need to google that information yourself. Try here: link->https://www.cpsboe.org/about/frequent-questions

This has nothing to do with Apple at all.

Basically you bought an iPad that was managed by the Chicago Public school, district that was not properly erased and removed from their device management platform, it may be stolen. As such you are on your own when buying second hand devices. Apple and us users in this forum cannot get involved in such things.

What is Chicago configuration dist 299 for apple ipad login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.