Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Demo iPhone

I recently purchased a demo iPhone 13 pro max I was told just use iTunes to reinstall the firmware but now the iPhone just say please return to store. I took the iPhone back to the store and I was told they can’t help me.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 8:33 PM

lobsterghost1 wrote:
Who exactly did you buy the phone from? Apple doesn't sell demo phones.

If they did sell an old demo model (or maybe convert it to a replacement device) it would be reset to a condition where it would be like any other phone purchased at retail. This sounds like it was a stolen device. Apple doesn't even bother tethering demo models any more since they're basically useless when away from the store unless they're specifically unlocked.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 8:33 PM in response to lobsterghost1

lobsterghost1 wrote:
Who exactly did you buy the phone from? Apple doesn't sell demo phones.

If they did sell an old demo model (or maybe convert it to a replacement device) it would be reset to a condition where it would be like any other phone purchased at retail. This sounds like it was a stolen device. Apple doesn't even bother tethering demo models any more since they're basically useless when away from the store unless they're specifically unlocked.

Demo iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.