Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I need itunes account to access my Apple TV

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 9:05 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Your Apple ID account needs to have a verified email address (respond to test message), full personal information, and a payment method (or set it to ‘None’, if you never buy or subscribe to any content). Then it is ready for the iTunes Store and App Store. Signing in to the iTunes application (on a PC) may help to find what is missing/needs updating.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes
If you created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign into device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu ﹥System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: Sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple ID account page - Apple Support

Apple ID - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 9:05 AM in response to zzackk56

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Your Apple ID account needs to have a verified email address (respond to test message), full personal information, and a payment method (or set it to ‘None’, if you never buy or subscribe to any content). Then it is ready for the iTunes Store and App Store. Signing in to the iTunes application (on a PC) may help to find what is missing/needs updating.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes
If you created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign into device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu ﹥System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: Sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple ID account page - Apple Support

Apple ID - Official Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.