Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud desktop and download

I purchased a new Mac and set it up as a new Mac and wiped out my old Macbook pro. now when I'm in iCloud Drive on my new computer my desktop and documents that I share with all my other devices still show the desktop and downloads that were on my new computer. when I go go turn the feature on in the iCloud settings of my new computer and click done .... when I go back into that setting I notice that it is unchecked again. what can I do to set this up to work with all my derives form my new MacBook?

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:24 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Restart your Mac, then Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support, enable iCloud Desktop & Documents, and restart back into normal mode.

I'd also review Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 12:24 AM in response to ChrisSueG

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Restart your Mac, then Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support, enable iCloud Desktop & Documents, and restart back into normal mode.

I'd also review Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support.

Jack

iCloud desktop and download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.