Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kensington Keyboard UK Layout

How do I get my iPad 6th gen. to work correctly with a wireless bluetooth Kensington keyboard (UK layout) ? The @ and “ are reversed and the # key is on alt/cmd+3 and not above the return key as marked on the keyboard. I’ve tried setting the keyboard language setting to British and British (Auto) with no success.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 7:12 AM

notxap wrote:

How do I get my iPad 6th gen. to work correctly with a wireless bluetooth Kensington keyboard (UK layout) ? The @ and “ are reversed and the # key is on alt/cmd+3 and not above the return key as marked on the keyboard. I’ve tried setting the keyboard language setting to British and British (Auto) with no success.

You need to set the mapping (settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard > tap over at right edge) to "British PC" in order to accommodate that kind of UK layout.

I don't have my iPad at hand, but it's possible Apple has still not included this option. Apple UK keyboards use the "British" mapping.

To ask Apple to add British PC, if in fact it is missing, use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 7:12 AM in response to notxap

notxap wrote:

You need to set the mapping (settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard > tap over at right edge) to "British PC" in order to accommodate that kind of UK layout.

I don't have my iPad at hand, but it's possible Apple has still not included this option. Apple UK keyboards use the "British" mapping.

To ask Apple to add British PC, if in fact it is missing, use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Kensington Keyboard UK Layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.