Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I use MP3gain to adjust the gain of my library will apple music use the updated metadata changes?

I have a reasonable sized apple music mp3 library(~25K tracks) and the output is very varied. I was thinking of using the mp3gain app to normalise the output power of all the songs.

Mp3gain app adjusts the gain value in the metadata and I wanted to check and ensure that the Apple Music App (Mac & iPhone) both use this information when playing back the song?

I don't mind if I need to rebuild the library!

Cheers,

spiderTrumpet

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 1:09 PM

iTunes/Music don't generally notice changes made externally. Check with Mp3gain's documentation to see if it claims to update the library directly, or requires that you do something in particular to get iTunes to use the updated information.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 11, 2021 4:00 PM in response to turingtest2

I have managed to find this on one of the many websites."MP3Gain and AACGain use the Replaygain algorithm to compute the overall loudness of a track or album as perceived by the human ear. It then adjusts the track's volume, so that your tracks or albums appear to play at approximately the same volume. This avoids the need to constantly adjust the volume of your PC or iPod® when switching from track to track."

The original SW is old but people have been picking it up and building newer updated versions. I've backed up the library and I think I will give it a try.

If I use MP3gain to adjust the gain of my library will apple music use the updated metadata changes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.