Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older MacOS Download Links Not Working

Hello, I have been trying to update my mid-2013 mac book air. I have been following this support page to get the updates. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683 I've gotten Sierra running with no issues, but anything newer won't load. None of the "Use Safari to download macOS on your Mac" download links work. I tried all of them (Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, and High Sierra) in safari, but I got blank web pages for every one. I tried restarting the computer, having the app store closed, having the app store open, loading it in safe mode. Nothing worked. The link to Monterey loads up just fine on the store, and through the safari redirect, but it appears to be incompatible with my mid-2013 air. According to the same support page, it lists Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, and High Sierra as compatible with my computer. Is there anyway to access these versions?

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 2:55 PM

I found something that worked for me. I loaded my Mac into Internet Recovery Mode, and got it updated to BigSur from there. (thanks Rick from Apple Support!)

Similar questions

2 replies

Older MacOS Download Links Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.