Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook bricked after erase disk

The device is macbookpro late 2008.

Was trying to reinstall el capitan by following instructions in recovery mode, but failed. Then tried bootable USB and internet installation but it still not working. It shows forbidden sign all the time, and harddisk volume are weird.

So I followed a method on a post to erase disks in terminal commands to see if it can work. But it shows question mark folder when device is ON after disks be erased, and cannot get into recovery mode with command + R.

I saw the internal disk has no partition, and shows volume (500G) are not distributed.

I am thinking to partitioning internal disk to factrory setup, and maybe el capitan can be installed.

Is there's a way to get into terminal, and what partitions are required for installing MacOS?

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 6:53 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 12, 2021 7:33 AM in response to JackHuangJun

Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

How to reinstall macOS This step will require a functioning and active internet connection. Best results are via an Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

MacBook bricked after erase disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.