Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud: Photos and Videos not the same on iPhone iPad and Mac

My MacBook Pro 15' (2017), iPad Pro 11' (2018) and iPhone 13 Pro (2021) have different photo and video counts in the photo app. All devices are conneted to the same Apple ID. iCloud photo sync is turned on on all devices with the setting: Download and Keep Originals.

MBP: photos 18'812 videos 727

iPad: photos 19'117 videos 731

iPhone: photos 19'091 videos 729

What's wrong here and how can I manage to have all photos and videos (same count) on all my devices?

Adding a new photo or removing a photo from any device will automatically add/remove the photo from all other devices.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 1:11 PM

Problem solved:

In >Settings >Messages >Shared with You the option to have content (photos and videos) from iMessage shared in the Photos app should be off in order to have the exact same count of photos and videos in Photos on all devices connected to the same Apple ID.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 12, 2021 7:45 PM in response to airwalker

Check the current cloud status on all of your devices.

In photos

Select "Library"

Scroll to the bottom

Review the cloud status beneath the photo count.

There may be some difference between devices if files incompatible with iCloud are present. iCloud Photo Sharing supports PNG, JPEG, TIFF and most of the RAW formats.

Dec 13, 2021 1:07 AM in response to muguy

The cloud status beneath the photo count is on "Updated Just Now" on all my devices. The count is still as mentioned in my thread above.

Last week, I changed from iPhone XR to iPhone 13 Pro and did a backup from iCloud (downloading original photos to iPhone 13 Pro). Then, I deleted everything (all data & settings) from iPhone XR. Since then, the counts of photos and videos on MBP, iPad and iPhone differ. Before I switched to iPhone 13 Pro, the counts were identical on all three devices.

iCloud: Photos and Videos not the same on iPhone iPad and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.