Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iCloud photos to all devices is causing problems

I’m having trouble with iCloud uncontrollably syncing my entire photo library to all devices. My Apple ID is connected to 4 separate Apple devices that I use for different work-related purposes. I’ve just upgraded my iCloud storage, thinking it would only UPLOAD photos from all my devices to iCloud. Instead it’s DOWNLOADED thousands of photos to each of my devices and created a horrible muddle by mixing all my photo libraries from different devices together. Is there any way to detangle them and automatically unsync everything that doesn’t belong on a particular device? I tried turning off iCloud on my phone but the photos that synced from other devices didn’t go away even though I said “remove photos”. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:06 PM

You can turn off iCloud syncing on each device and then delete the images you do not wish to have on each. iCloud is a synchronization service designed to keep all devices in sync; it did what it was designed to do.

Similar questions

1 reply

Syncing iCloud photos to all devices is causing problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.