Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi i bought a iphone 6 from a thrift shop and its asking me for the old person apple id and password witch i cant get

how do i bypass a activation lock on a iphone 6. i bought the iphone from value village as a parts phone and i got it working but its asking for the previous persons info witch i cant get.

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:05 PM

Hello ~ That is the activation lock. If the person/persons that you bought the iPhone from cannot or will not remove it …the iPhone is basically useless to you. If they cannot/will not remove it…return it and get your money back. We cannot help remove it nor can Apple. Take a look here:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 12:05 PM in response to thekid421

Hello ~ That is the activation lock. If the person/persons that you bought the iPhone from cannot or will not remove it …the iPhone is basically useless to you. If they cannot/will not remove it…return it and get your money back. We cannot help remove it nor can Apple. Take a look here:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

hi i bought a iphone 6 from a thrift shop and its asking me for the old person apple id and password witch i cant get

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.