Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud or Apple ID compromised

My Icloud email has been hacked. I cannot get a definitive answer about how to change my icloud password.

If my icloud email has been hacked, can I assume all other apps under my icloud account have been put at risk? Will changing my apple password, prevent any further hacking? What exactly do I need to do to stop any unwanted activity using my icloud info?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 1:34 PM

Go to:

appleid.apple.com

Login with your user ID and password. Hopefully, whoever is in your account hasn't changed the password. If they have, you'll have to try and gain back control.

If you can get in, first check to see what devices are attached to your account. Click on the Devices link. If you see any you don't recognize, click on the device and then the button to Remove from account.

Click on Sign-In and Security, then the Password button. Change the password to something difficult for anyone else to guess.

Click on the Account Security button and enable two-factor ID, if it isn't already. Make sure to check and see there are no trusted phone numbers besides yours. Once enable, anyone who still manages to guess your password will not be able to get into your account without the 2 factor ID notification. You'll know someone tried because you'll get a notice at your trusted phone number. Deny access to any request you didn't initiate.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 1:34 PM in response to jeri236

Go to:

appleid.apple.com

Login with your user ID and password. Hopefully, whoever is in your account hasn't changed the password. If they have, you'll have to try and gain back control.

If you can get in, first check to see what devices are attached to your account. Click on the Devices link. If you see any you don't recognize, click on the device and then the button to Remove from account.

Click on Sign-In and Security, then the Password button. Change the password to something difficult for anyone else to guess.

Click on the Account Security button and enable two-factor ID, if it isn't already. Make sure to check and see there are no trusted phone numbers besides yours. Once enable, anyone who still manages to guess your password will not be able to get into your account without the 2 factor ID notification. You'll know someone tried because you'll get a notice at your trusted phone number. Deny access to any request you didn't initiate.

iCloud or Apple ID compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.