Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no users available for authorization

I am trying to prepare my MacBook air for resell. I have been following the steps on line and am to the step of reinstalling and it says "No users available for authorization an error occurred while reading device owners. Ensure that some user is allowed to administer this computer." What do I do now?

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 6:42 PM

Hi DClark118a,

If you erased your Mac using Disk Utility, you might have chosen accidentally to only erase one of the volumes, instead of choosing to erase the volume group.

To fix this issue, open Disk Utility in macOS Recovery. Delete the volume named "Macintosh HD - Data", or just "Data". Then, erase the volume named "Macintosh HD".

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 6:42 PM in response to DClark118a

Hi DClark118a,

If you erased your Mac using Disk Utility, you might have chosen accidentally to only erase one of the volumes, instead of choosing to erase the volume group.

To fix this issue, open Disk Utility in macOS Recovery. Delete the volume named "Macintosh HD - Data", or just "Data". Then, erase the volume named "Macintosh HD".

no users available for authorization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.