Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup

So then again yest I go to back up on my iPad and it tells me my storage is full and that Back ups was using 43 gig like what ? So again I wait 7 hrs . Mind you I can’t work on projects and now it’s storage has gone back down. I don’t understand it . I have everything turned off on phone except for notes , pics and iMovie it’s crazy . I log into iCloud and I can’t see how it claiming I’m using as much storage does too.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 1:24 PM

Hello KellieT9001,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are having issues backing up your iPad to iCloud because of full storage messages. We would recommend starting with the following support article to address issues with storage issues when trying to back up a device.

If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 1:24 PM in response to KellieT9001

Hello KellieT9001,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are having issues backing up your iPad to iCloud because of full storage messages. We would recommend starting with the following support article to address issues with storage issues when trying to back up a device.

If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

Best regards.

Dec 22, 2021 8:35 PM in response to barberlives123

this part of my comment was that yes my ipad always takes hours .

And I’ve switched to iCloud update manually.

I’ve been in contact with apple support . They say it’s not uncommon but didn’t know why. Maybe it’s because iCloud never delete my pics of the cloud . Can’t scroll

past the last few on iCloud so can’t delete them. Nor should the be staying up there if they are deleted from phone.

i had to but the extra storage . Pretty bad . I can’t turn pics off because iMovie reply’s on them

iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.