Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey login after sleep

Hello, I'm currently seeing an issue with "login after sleep" function.

Until last week everything just worked fine, but now i can't enable the login after sleep function in system settings, the button is greyed out and inactive. I need to login after a restart, that's fine, as automatic login is deactivated.

I've already tried to restart mac, also tried out different options, but none of them had an effect.

Something that confused me a little bit, is that the option "com.apple.screensaver" just had the value of tokenRemovalAction. Former macOS versions had askForPassword and askForPasswordDelay stored under it, but maybe this resides elsewhere.

Any help is really appreciated.

Shortly a screenshot:

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 4:44 AM

Yes that would account for this issue.

When a computer is Enrolled in a Mobile Digital Management Program ( MDM ) they actually have total control over the computer including what can be installed and what can not be installed.

It would be best to communicate Directly with the MDM Service and / or the Company IT Department to enable the additional functionality one desires.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 4:44 AM in response to work_dwinter83

Yes that would account for this issue.

When a computer is Enrolled in a Mobile Digital Management Program ( MDM ) they actually have total control over the computer including what can be installed and what can not be installed.

It would be best to communicate Directly with the MDM Service and / or the Company IT Department to enable the additional functionality one desires.

Dec 13, 2021 4:04 AM in response to work_dwinter83

Try restart the computer in Safe Mode and see of one can enable " Passwort etc. )

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

Monterey login after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.