Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Sort Songs By Titles In Music 1.2.0 Alpha With Highlighted Song Showing?

Just upgraded / getting used to Music 1.2.0 on my Mac.

In Song View I often like to highlight a song then sort by Title so I can see all the other versions of that song and stay in Songs View.

Song view is sorted by "Date Added"

I highlight a song and click the "Title" at the top of the column.

A get an alpha sort but at the very top A to Z -- no idea where I started.

When I try that now the column sorts by alpha but dumps me to the top -- no idea where my "starting Song" is.

I know I can use the search bar but that is cumbersome and problematic for other reasons.

Let me see if I can add screenshots as I start with / look for versions of Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat:

Song view sorted by date added, Raphael Saadiq version playing / highlighted:

When I click on "Title" -- Alpha sort but where is the song? I can scroll down but I have 90,000 items

When I use the search window I see I have six versions:

If I "Go To Song" / click on song view / "go to song" again / click on "Songs" again the six sort together:

Yikes :-)

Any thoughts?

Music 1.2.0.273

MacOS 12.0.1

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 1:14 PM

Use View > Show Filter Field and enter your search term in the new box that opens.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies

How Do I Sort Songs By Titles In Music 1.2.0 Alpha With Highlighted Song Showing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.