Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Atmos in streaming apps, but available in settings

Hey everyone,

i am on the most recent version of tvOS.

Recently i got a Samsung Q900A Soundbar and would like to make use of the Atmos capabilities of it.

On my Xbox it works without a flaw.

Netflix etc. all only show 5.1 on the Apple TV 4k though. The settings tell me that Atmos is available, but no streaming app seems to use it.

I have the ATV directly connected to the Soundbar via HDMI, so no ARC/eARC.

Has anybody else encountered this issue and can help me out?

Thank you

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 8:34 AM

Hi,

i have resolved the issue.

If anybody else has a similiar issue try changing the resolution to 1080p HDR and back to 4k HDR again. This somehow causes the Apple TV 4k to sync with the soundbar again or something - resulting in Atmos being shown and working in all Apps again, not just in the settings.

2 replies

Dec 14, 2021 8:15 AM in response to dinodinodinodino

Hello dinodinodinodino,

We see that you need help with Dolby Atmos on Apple TV.

You’ll want to make sure that your devices and Apple TV set up support Dobly Atmos. To do that, follow the steps here: Set up Dolby Atmos or surround sound on Apple TV with a sound bar or AV receiver

If your Apple TV is set up correctly, you'll also want to make sure that the content and apps you're using are available in and support Dobly Atmos. To do that, contact the app developer: How to contact an app developer

Cheers!

No Atmos in streaming apps, but available in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.