Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15.2 ios update is causing me to lose cellular and data service.

is anyone having issues with the new 15.2 update and losing cellular and data service after it was installed?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 11:03 PM

20 replies

Dec 14, 2021 5:22 PM in response to f.rios75

Hi f.rios75,

We see your'e running into issues with your cellular data after updating to iOS 15.2.

To clarify, what specifically happened? Are you unable to use the internet or cellular data at all post upgrade, or does it seem to be slower, intermittent, etc?

If you specifically see No Service or Searching on your iPhone, take a look over the tips below:

Otherwise, let us know some more details of what specifically is happening, and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Dec 17, 2021 10:49 AM in response to f.rios75

f.rios75,

Thanks for clarifying.

We'd recommend working through the steps in article from our previous post if you have not already, as they'll resolve a number of issues with intermittent connectivity.

If you notice the issue persists, reach out to your carrier to confirm if there's any updates or changes to their network on their end. Should they find nothing amiss, contact Apple Support directly for additional assistance.

Take care.

Dec 26, 2021 11:46 AM in response to f.rios75

Same thing is happening to me. This is the device information.

Carrier: Spectrum Mobile

Device: iphone 7

Model: A1660 (found on back of phone)

iOS Version: 15.2

Here's the history.

• Around Dec. 14/15 my cellular stopped working (ie showed "No Service" in the upper left corner or "Searching"
  • Called Spectrum Dec. 17 and tech support said others were having the same issue. We did the following (reset Network, phone reboot, removed sim card, soft reset, turn off wifi and cellular for 30+ seconds) and none of this worked. Basically I did everything except a full factor reset of the phone. I happened to have an extra sim card that i never used so we tried this new sim card. This fixed the issue...for about a week.
  • Cellular worked from Dec. 17 to Dec. 24 then same issues
  • Called spectrum again on Dec. 26 and tech support again confirmed other customers were having the same issue. We swapped back to the original sim card...it didn't fix the issue this time.
  • Called Apple Dec. 26 and tech support said other were having the same issue. I was put on hold and then I think the tech support person accidentally hung up on me so I posted this on here.

Not sure what to do next with this. It seems like it's related to the iOS 15.1 update and after because i had the issue before I updated to iOS 15.2. I know this because I got a message that said I needed to update my iOS in order for cellular to work. So I performed the update to 15.2, it didn't fix the cellular issue and i'm still getting the same message that I need to update my iOS for cellular to work. Frustrating...

Dec 19, 2021 12:05 PM in response to f.rios75

Im in the UK and im having the same issue on my iPhone 11 and my wife's iPhone 12. We are with EE(UK). We used to get 3 bars of signal but since the iOS update we now receive no signal at all. My neighbour on the same network and android phone has full signal.

This is frustrating as I take calls at home for work and I don't want to rely on wifi calling. Come on Apple. Sort this out!

Dec 27, 2021 4:34 PM in response to Curious_won

At the store they said the problem was due to an antenna connection failure that is common with certain iphone 7 builds. My phone falls into this group. If the antenna fails within 4 years of the purchase date, they will repair the phone for free. If not, they don't. My phone was past 4 years. Assuming they were correct (they didn't open the phone to confirm the antenna broke) then the update had nothing to do with the loss of cellular service.

As for why the phone worked after switching the sim card, maybe the action of removing and reinstalling the sim card moved the circuit board around enough to temporarily fix the antenna connection.

In any case, I bought a new phone, installed the original sim card, and went through the setup process. Part of that process downloads the latest iOS, 15.2. The cellular works again without any issues which means the sim card was never the problem.

Dec 29, 2021 9:28 AM in response to f.rios75

I'm having this problem as well, on my iPhone 11 with 15.2. It happens two or three times a week, usually when I'm out driving around and using CarPlay. I'm not sure if using CarPlay is having any effect or not. But, I usually can't get cellular service back until I fully shut down my iPhone and wait awhile before rebooting.

On a side note, once my cellular service is back, my CarPlay favorites and settings are wiped out.

Dec 31, 2021 7:39 AM in response to f.rios75

I am experiencing similar issue after 15.2 upgrade. I have taken the troubleshooting a bit further. It seems I lose cellular connection after leaving Wi-Fi connection. My guess at this point is there is some bug that is not letting it switch from Wi-Fi to a cellular signal for data. The symbols change in top right but in action it does not. What leads me to believe this is when it seems I have no cellular connection i turnoff Wi-Fi and put in airplane mode for 10-15 seconds, then turn both back on. Issue is resolved and works like normal. Maybe apple can look Into this issue.

15.2 ios update is causing me to lose cellular and data service.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.