You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won’t connect to WiFi, but iPad will

My iPad will connect to my WiFi, but my iPhone won’t. I have tried all of the tips, but to no avail. I live in Bowling Green, KY where I lost power and cable internet for two days. Once the electricity and Spectrum were back, my iPad connected, but iPhone keeps kicking off. Now, the screen freezes with the message:

This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other nearby networks. Restarting your wireless router…

I have done all of the recommended things including resetting the network setting on my iPhone. Now, either the screen locks up with the above message. Or the iPhone toggles between on WiFi and off WiFi. Any other suggestions??

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 8:50 AM

5 replies

Dec 15, 2021 9:11 AM in response to moorepe

Hello, moorepe!

From your post, it sounds like you are having issues with connecting your iPhone to Wi-Fi. We’re glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need. What type of iPhone do you use? What version of the iOS software do you currently have installed on your iPhone? You can find this in Settings > General > About.

If the iOS software is not up-to-date, you'll want to create a backup of your iPhone, then update the software. Here's how:

If you continue to have an issue with Wi-Fi, please return to the Apple Support Communities with more information about your device and problem, and we'll do all we can to help.

Take care!

Dec 28, 2021 3:54 PM in response to genieen16

We recently started seeing the same behavior on an iPad (model A1822 MP2F2LL/A) which is running iPadOS 15.1. The message "This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other nearby networks" really doesn't make any sense, since WiFiAnalyzer (open-source) on my Android phone clearly shows that there are no nearby interfering channels. Also, none of our other devices (whether from Apple or other mfgrs.) are making a similar complaint.

Disabling MAC filtering on our ASUS router immediately resolved the issue on this iPad. So I clicked on the Information icon for this saved connection and noticed that for some reason Private Address had been toggled to ON. I am five nines certain that we did not enable this setting. In any case, after turning Private Address OFF I was able to re-enable MAC filtering on our router and reconnect this iPad with no issues.

Dec 16, 2021 2:05 PM in response to moorepe

moorepe,

Thank you for updating the software and updating us with this information. We're glad you were able to test your iPhone with another Wi-Fi network. If the issue is not happening with other Wi-Fi networks, it sounds like it is specific to your home Wi-Fi connection.

We can see that you restarted your Wi-Fi modem in the past, have you tried restarting both the iPhone and the modem/router at the same time? If not, please start there. Also, is the firmware up-to-date on your modem/router? If not, update it. If you are unfamiliar with how to update this, you'll want to contact your ISP or router manufacturer.

If you continue to have a problem, you'll want to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) directly.

Best wishes!

iPhone won’t connect to WiFi, but iPad will

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.