Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 6th generation wifi

My refurb ipad 6th generation arrived yesterday.

The setup went smoothly but in the last 12 hours the wifi must have dropped out at least 10 times.

When it ‘freezes’, it will not just fix itself after a few minutes. I have to close down and reopen the window. It might take more than one restart to get reconnected.

A few hours ago Netflix froze mid-movie.

I’ve done the usual power down and reboot etc.

The problem is NOT my modem of wifi booster. Both my iPhone and my ancient old iPad Mini 4 (which this iPad 6 is meant to replace) are both able to function and connect to wifi while the iPad 6 remains frozen.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 10:25 AM

You might be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Nojay

You might be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad 6th generation wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.