Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages app

I don’t have access to my documents. When I click on the app a message comes up: The last time you opened Pages, it unexpectedly quit. DON’ T REOPEN or REOPEN.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 1:13 PM

Close every open document and window shown in your image. If Pages is still running, quit it from its application menu, or force quit it via right-clicking while selecting its icon in the Dock.

Press the shift key and hold it while launching Pages. This prevents it from accessing its last application state, and it should open normally. Cancel the Template chooser, and from the Pages file menu, choose Open Recent and see if the document you want to open is located there.

You will have the best luck with Pages if the documents are stored in your home folder of the startup drive, or on iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 1:13 PM in response to Junglegardens

Close every open document and window shown in your image. If Pages is still running, quit it from its application menu, or force quit it via right-clicking while selecting its icon in the Dock.

Press the shift key and hold it while launching Pages. This prevents it from accessing its last application state, and it should open normally. Cancel the Template chooser, and from the Pages file menu, choose Open Recent and see if the document you want to open is located there.

You will have the best luck with Pages if the documents are stored in your home folder of the startup drive, or on iCloud Drive.

Pages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.