Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly received this message when opening Pages. "You can’t open the application “Pages” because it is not responding." Tried to force quit but it won't allow that either. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I can open files but not no app.

Suddenly received this message when opening Pages.

"You can’t open the application “Pages” because it is not responding." Tried to force quit but it won't allow that either. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I can open files but no success with opening app.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 10:19 AM

Reboot the Mac. Then one-time, press the shift key when launching Pages. That prevents it from loading its last application state, and it should work correctly.

2 replies

Suddenly received this message when opening Pages. "You can’t open the application “Pages” because it is not responding." Tried to force quit but it won't allow that either. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I can open files but not no app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.