Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photographs - permission to view

Why have I lost permission to view my photographs yet I have permission to read and write?

I have an iMac.

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 3:22 PM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2021 3:31 PM in response to carlafrica

What iMac, what version of Mac OS, what app are you using to view photos. Please carefully read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities Question and once you have a pretty good idea of what information we need from you please re-write your question so we have a chance of understanding what you are experiencing.

I get you are new to these forums so let me give you some information.

• Macs have been in production since 1984 and have had thousands of configurations since then.
  • iMacs have been in production well over 20 years in hundreds of configurations.
  • Mac OS has been available for over 20 years too in hundreds of configurations.

We are all end users just like you and we are really terrible at mind reading and most of us cannot look over your shoulders. Therefore we rely on you to help us by providing specifics about your computer and how you are using it as we have no other way of knowing.

Dec 15, 2021 12:53 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Thank you Keith and rkaufman87. I awoke this morning and thought that maybe the best thing to do was switch off my Mac as what started as only being unable to view one or two photos, suddenly I was unable to view any of them. I did so and everything is back to normal. Do not know what happened but perhaps having worked on them for over a week, the system just decided to go on strike.

Apologies for not having posted correctly. This is the first time I have done so. Have made a note of the link you sent rkaufman87 and will make sure to remind myself of what is required next time I ask for help.

Photographs - permission to view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.