Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird, 2ft usb male to usb odd female cable included iwith 27" iMac

I recently purchased an iMac that along with the lighting to usb charging cable, came with a Weird, 2ft usb male to usb odd female cable included. WTH is this thing for??? The female end does not mate with a regular male, usb connector. No documentation on this anywhere that I can find. Its not listed with the "Included cables" either.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 9:24 AM

4 replies

Dec 15, 2021 9:30 AM in response to Craig Thompson1

Including a photo would be helpful. We have no clue what you mean "Weird, 2ft usb male to usb odd female cable included. " We are also awful at mind reading and cannot look over your shoulders. The only cables that should have been included are:

1. The power cable to power the computer.
  2. Lightning cable for charging your keyboard mouse (and/or Trackpad).

Dec 19, 2021 8:02 AM in response to den.thed

Honestly,.. I had several Mac keyboards laying around still in the box. I didn’t like the little bitty Bluetooth keyboard that came with the new iMac so I dug out the extended, slimline Mac keyboard that I had and plugged it in.

I might have mixed up the cables & stuff from the new iMac. 🤷‍♂️ Whoopsy!!

It appears it IS a keyboard cable extension.

A male, usb keyboard connector is the only thing that fits in it. So asked & answered.

thanks for the replies!!

btw,.. I apologize for no pics. New Phone, new iOS, new OS,.. all of that was in transition when I posted the OQ.

I didn’t expect anyone to “Read my mind!” I simply thought a description would be sufficient. And it appears it was! 😎

Weird, 2ft usb male to usb odd female cable included iwith 27" iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.