Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS monterey 12.1 not updating

I tried to update the software for my Mac but it's been two days its not downloading. It's stuck at this portion.

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 9:36 AM

5 replies

Dec 18, 2021 5:17 PM in response to BDAqua

I have the same problem, trying to update my MacBook Air with Monterey 12.0.1 to 12.1.

How big is this update? It thinks it's downloading 2.83 GB. I tried a couple of times and once 2.83 GB may have been very slowly downloaded, but that was all, nothing else happened and it sat there. Overnight.

I have restarted. Shut down. Any other ideas? I'm tempted to reinstall but I'm kinda afraid to.

Jan 12, 2022 7:50 AM in response to Suzan52

There are factors:

1 - Like poor Wifi connection

2 - Slow wifi connection

3 - Too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded

4 - Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

5 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses and may corrupt the download

6 - If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. 

7 - Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

macOS monterey 12.1 not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.