Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music is not responding

So, just to give some more information, I upgraded my 2020 m1 macbook air to MaOS Monterey, and tried to transfer a bunch of playlists from Spotify to Apple Music. I had enabled the setting which downloads all songs that are added to library, and so it started downloading a lot of songs, probably too many, and suddenly Apple Music simply stopped responding, and has been like that since. Every time i open it the application just stops responding and i have to force quit. I have tried restarting my computer, but that has made no difference. It works just fine on my iPhone 5s, with the same Apple ID. I haven't found anything helpful online, as i seem to be the only one with this issue.

i must note that a lot of this is from memory, this happened about a few weeks or so ago, and i only today thought of asking here, though i am fairly confident that that is what happened.

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 12:56 PM

Hello mental777! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that Apple Music has stopped working since trying to transfer your playlists from Spotify to Apple Music. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

Apple provides the following resource, which may help with this: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

If the issue persists, does it still happen in safe mode? Safe mode can help us isolate the issue further: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Make it a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 12:56 PM in response to mental777

Hello mental777! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that Apple Music has stopped working since trying to transfer your playlists from Spotify to Apple Music. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

Apple provides the following resource, which may help with this: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

If the issue persists, does it still happen in safe mode? Safe mode can help us isolate the issue further: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Make it a great day!

Apple music is not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.