Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email contact groups not working

Mail won't allow entry of a contact group as a recipient in TO, CC or BC since upgrading to Monterey. When I type in the contact group the name of the group appears in a drop down list but when selected only the group name appears on the recipient line. If I send the e-mail after selecting the group name no one on the list receives the email. Previously there was an option to expand the group and see the recipient list - not so now. Pressing + and going to Contacts won't let me select the group either.

I lost the ability to use smart groups in Contacts with Catalina but could still use groups. Has the ability for Mail to use any type of group in Contacts been eliminated? If not, does anyone know how to correct this behavior?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 2:25 PM

That worked. Thanks. But, the old group (even though I deleted it from Contacts) still shows up as a choice in the drop down when I type in the group name. It seems there's still something amiss in the connection between Mail and Contacts but at least this workaround gets me back in business. I still really miss being able to use smart groups though.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 2:25 PM in response to Barney-15E

That worked. Thanks. But, the old group (even though I deleted it from Contacts) still shows up as a choice in the drop down when I type in the group name. It seems there's still something amiss in the connection between Mail and Contacts but at least this workaround gets me back in business. I still really miss being able to use smart groups though.

Email contact groups not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.