Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: CarPlay not working after 15.2

I have tried all of the suggested things from previous posts. I have tried using a different USB connection, I have tried all that has been suggested, let me make that clear. Rebooted iPhone, been through all the settings, forgot the device from the car and from the phone. CarPlay does not work after 15.2 update.

please give me other options to try.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:04 PM

Dec 16, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Cglennrichardson In response to Cglennrichardson

Hi there Cglennrichardson,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that CarPlay doesn't work after updating your iPhone to iOS 15.2, and you've tried some good steps so far. Let's see how we can help. Although CarPlay worked before updating your iPhone, double check Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. If everything checks out, find out if there's a firmware update for your stereo. You may need to look in the manual or contact the car manufacturer. Learn more here: If you need help with CarPlay.

Best regards.

Dec 16, 2021 12:52 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Dec 18, 2021 3:51 AM in response to MVegas21 In response to MVegas21

I‘ve an iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2. The actual problem with Carplay is that I can‘t see my contact list after I‘ve clicked on the phone app. All other app work.

And for you to know: my husband has an iPhone 13 Pro Max and everything works fine with all our BMWs.

so maybe Apple should check the constellation iPhone 12 and Carplay.

Dec 18, 2021 3:51 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 31, 2021 8:43 AM in response to Cglennrichardson In response to Cglennrichardson

After upgrading the iPhone 13 to v.15.2, it unfortunately broke the Carplay connection with the Sony XAV-AX5500D radio. Flipping through the menu is very slow during a call, and frame-by-frame animations during a phone call. Telephone connected with original cable. Before the update, it was very fast, today I am wondering if I should go back to Android Auto.

Please help... :(

Dec 31, 2021 8:43 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Cglennrichardson

Question: CarPlay not working after 15.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
  • A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Learn more.