Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID services racking up huge cell bills

Hi, I have an iPhone 7 on iOS 15.1 and my cell data is getting filled up. I have a 1gb plan with xfinity mobile and for some reason Apple ID services are racking up huge amounts of data. Please help!

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 7:44 AM

About Wi-Fi Assist - Apple Support

You may need to tell your phone not to use cellular data when it is having problems connecting to Wi-fi. I am not sure but you may be able to go into Settings somewhere (I have no cellular service on my phone so I didn't pay much attention to this) and individually customize which ones can use cellular data.

Also consider your usage of these services when not connected to Wi-fi:

What can be labeled as Apple Services transactions

Music, movies, TV shows, stickers, books, and app purchases (from the iTunes Store, App Store, and Book Store).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 7:44 AM in response to Dabcatty567

About Wi-Fi Assist - Apple Support

You may need to tell your phone not to use cellular data when it is having problems connecting to Wi-fi. I am not sure but you may be able to go into Settings somewhere (I have no cellular service on my phone so I didn't pay much attention to this) and individually customize which ones can use cellular data.

Also consider your usage of these services when not connected to Wi-fi:

What can be labeled as Apple Services transactions

Music, movies, TV shows, stickers, books, and app purchases (from the iTunes Store, App Store, and Book Store).

Apple ID services racking up huge cell bills

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.