Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low resolution video stored on icloud - WHY??

I took 4K video on my iphone13pro. It synced to my icloud storage. When I download it from icloud to my PC instead of it being 4K video it's a 1280x720 mp4 file after it's downloaded. The same file transferred to my PC over a USB cable comes thru as a 4K file. What's going on? I just spend hours editing a video only to find that all the video files I downloaded from icloud were 1280 instead of 4K.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 6:19 PM

Hello jimntempe,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you download photos from iCloud to your PC, they do not download in their original resolution.

It sounds like a more compatible or edited version is getting downloaded. Are you downloading by visiting iCloud.com or using the iCloud for Windows app? From iCloud.com try clicking on your photo then hovering over the download icon. You should see an arrow appear. Clicking on that will give you the option to download the unmodified original.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 6:19 PM in response to jimntempe

Hello jimntempe,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you download photos from iCloud to your PC, they do not download in their original resolution.

It sounds like a more compatible or edited version is getting downloaded. Are you downloading by visiting iCloud.com or using the iCloud for Windows app? From iCloud.com try clicking on your photo then hovering over the download icon. You should see an arrow appear. Clicking on that will give you the option to download the unmodified original.

Take care.

Low resolution video stored on icloud - WHY??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.