Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Error downloading the high-quality version of the video, it is not in icloud, only in the gallery

Hello,

I am asking you for help in connection with a problem that has arisen with my iPhone 7 Plus. I have several videos about 200 megabytes in size that are not uploaded from iCloud and are not displayed in my iCloud account. However, they are still present on the iPhone 7 Plus itself.

When I try to open these videos on the device, a message appears that the high-quality version cannot be downloaded and the videos do not play.

I checked the available space on both iPhone 7 Plus and iCloud, and I have enough space to store these videos. On other apple devices, I don't have these videos displayed anywhere, that is, they are only in the galleries on the iPhone 7 Plus, it also has the latest available on 15.7

I would like to ask for your help in solving this problem.

iPhone 7 Plus, 15

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 10:59 PM

Re: "Error downloading the high-quality version of the video"

Wondering what kind of videos they are (eg file extension .m4v. .mov, etc) and where you are trying to open them.

Also, whether these are videos you have taken yourself, or videos you have obtained online.

To watch them you may need to open a low-res video in the app (or camera / device) in which they were created.

Seems some websites allow only low-res versions of videos (that are otherwise copyright to the producer) to be downloaded. Of course, they prefer that you watch the versions that are available online.

If the videos are under copyright to others, the high-res videos would not be downloadable, and even low-res may not play at all, or not in all apps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 10:59 PM in response to Cryptex888

Re: "Error downloading the high-quality version of the video"

Wondering what kind of videos they are (eg file extension .m4v. .mov, etc) and where you are trying to open them.

Also, whether these are videos you have taken yourself, or videos you have obtained online.

To watch them you may need to open a low-res video in the app (or camera / device) in which they were created.

Seems some websites allow only low-res versions of videos (that are otherwise copyright to the producer) to be downloaded. Of course, they prefer that you watch the versions that are available online.

If the videos are under copyright to others, the high-res videos would not be downloadable, and even low-res may not play at all, or not in all apps.

Error downloading the high-quality version of the video, it is not in icloud, only in the gallery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.