Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos that are on iCloud to download to iphone again

I wanted to upload a video that I made with Imovie to go to my YouTube channel. There is a video error that wont allow me to do this. It says that the video is on the icloud and not on my phone any longer. I want to get my video back onto my phone. I was able to do this before but need to edit the video. I saw a helpful video on YouTube that says to optimize back up on both phone and iCloud. How can I do this? I need these videos for my business.

This is so frustrating. I should have uploaded my video to my computer right away. I was pushed to pay a storage fee of $2.99 a month for extra storage. Which I do not want. I prefer to upload to my computer. Still I need my video and don't know how to retrieve it.

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 11:49 PM

I should have uploaded my video to my computer right away.

I prefer to upload to my computer.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

I was pushed to pay a storage fee of $2.99 a month for extra storage.

Sorry, no body will push you to upgrade your iCloud+ storage, it is always a personal decision.

See -> Manage your iCloud storage

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

👉Keep in mind that you also need to have enough space on the computer.

See -> Download iCloud photos and videos

Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

(also a personal decision) Another option / possibility: 

If the iPhone has an Apple Lightning connection port, you can use a SanDisk iXpand flash drive to use as an external hard drive. They are available in various sizes.

You can also use that iXpand flash drive as a tool to save the photos and videos to a real external hard drive afterwards.

iXpand Flash Drive are available at Apple Store and at Apple Authorized Service Providers.

iXpand flash drive app can be downloaded from the App Store.

See -> SanDisk iXpand-flashdrive Go 

SanDisk 64 GB iXpand Flash Drive Go - Apple

Then download the SanDisk iXpand Drive app from the App Store, see -> 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sandisk-ixpand-drive/id1079870681

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 11:49 PM in response to photosandvideos518

I should have uploaded my video to my computer right away.

See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

I was pushed to pay a storage fee of $2.99 a month for extra storage.

Sorry, no body will push you to upgrade your iCloud+ storage, it is always a personal decision.

See -> Manage your iCloud storage

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

👉Keep in mind that you also need to have enough space on the computer.

See -> Download iCloud photos and videos

Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

(also a personal decision) Another option / possibility: 

If the iPhone has an Apple Lightning connection port, you can use a SanDisk iXpand flash drive to use as an external hard drive. They are available in various sizes.

You can also use that iXpand flash drive as a tool to save the photos and videos to a real external hard drive afterwards.

iXpand Flash Drive are available at Apple Store and at Apple Authorized Service Providers.

iXpand flash drive app can be downloaded from the App Store.

See -> SanDisk iXpand-flashdrive Go 

SanDisk 64 GB iXpand Flash Drive Go - Apple

Then download the SanDisk iXpand Drive app from the App Store, see -> 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sandisk-ixpand-drive/id1079870681

videos that are on iCloud to download to iphone again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.