Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete @icloud email address

I do not use @icloud email address but still get spam to it. How do I delete this address

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 5:09 AM

I'm afraid you can't, short of simply abandoning your iCloud account arogether and getting new one. That would affect your synced data such documents, contacts and calendars. (Of course you could turn off Mail in iCloud settings and get another address from a different proivider.)

You could set up a Rule to move all incoming messages to that address to the Trash, from where it will be automatically deleted after a week. Go to the Mail page at icloud.com andclick the cogwheel icon at top left: choose 'Rules'.

You can get a new email address by setting up an email alias - this is an additional address (not account) which delivers into the inbox in the same way as the main address. You should be aware before you start that once you've created an alias you cannot turn that address into a full iCloud account or move it to another account.

More information on aliases here: Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 5:09 AM in response to gmconstable

I'm afraid you can't, short of simply abandoning your iCloud account arogether and getting new one. That would affect your synced data such documents, contacts and calendars. (Of course you could turn off Mail in iCloud settings and get another address from a different proivider.)

You could set up a Rule to move all incoming messages to that address to the Trash, from where it will be automatically deleted after a week. Go to the Mail page at icloud.com andclick the cogwheel icon at top left: choose 'Rules'.

You can get a new email address by setting up an email alias - this is an additional address (not account) which delivers into the inbox in the same way as the main address. You should be aware before you start that once you've created an alias you cannot turn that address into a full iCloud account or move it to another account.

More information on aliases here: Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

delete @icloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.