You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music won’t play useing USB port on car

i have iPhone 11pro max,muisic all suddenly won’t play with my car USB,it will charge…but won’t play music! I tried different cords,EQ settings,it’s not my USB port on my car ..my phone charges ,I open music apps…still plays off phone not on car speakers,I never had this problem…always connected and immidate to music and played no problem,anyone have solutions that haven’t been mentioned that I alreadly tried?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:11 PM

I am having the same issue. It is the update from what I can tell. I have iPhone 13. It updated overnight and then the following morning my car wouldn’t recognise it but it still charges. My ipad which has not updated works. My best friends phone which is iPhone 11 worked prior to her update and now also does not work. It’s not the car. The same is the case for my bluetooth speaker when trying to connect through USB when I have never had an issue with the USB playback on either my car or Bluetooth speaker prior to this update, same as with my car, my best friends updated older iPhone will not work anymore but my iPad which is not updated works fine.

hoping they fix it on the next update cause aux is very annoying cause you can’t exactly control your phone with the car

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2021 9:11 PM in response to Styleyes86

I am having the same issue. It is the update from what I can tell. I have iPhone 13. It updated overnight and then the following morning my car wouldn’t recognise it but it still charges. My ipad which has not updated works. My best friends phone which is iPhone 11 worked prior to her update and now also does not work. It’s not the car. The same is the case for my bluetooth speaker when trying to connect through USB when I have never had an issue with the USB playback on either my car or Bluetooth speaker prior to this update, same as with my car, my best friends updated older iPhone will not work anymore but my iPad which is not updated works fine.

hoping they fix it on the next update cause aux is very annoying cause you can’t exactly control your phone with the car

Music won’t play useing USB port on car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.