Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch OS - battery life

After installed new OS 8.3 for my Apple Watch, found out battery life are drain very fast, usually can stand for 1day with 100% full charge, but now one day need charge two time😳.

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 5:38 PM

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 5:38 PM in response to jhso6661

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Dec 20, 2021 10:55 AM in response to jhso6661

Updated to iOS 8.3 on my watch last night at 830pm. Was charged at 100% at 10pm and not even 12 hours later it’s at 23% and I’ve don’t nothing on it today. I can typically wear it all night, take 30 min workout during day and wear it until 9pm and it then will be 25-30% battery.

sure hope apple gets a fix for this. What’s the point of my watch if it’s dead in less than 12 hours

Watch OS - battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.