Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOST MY photos library

I wanted to resolve duplicate photos in Photos and I stupidly downloaded an app that helps do that. I opened it but never clicked on delete anything but it asked me to locate the photo library.

I seem to have LOST roughly 21,000 photos.

I assume the original library is there somewhere but I cannot locate it. All that I hace are around 217 "recent" photos.

Can anyone help me please? Please?

Thank you

Jeff

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 9:43 PM

By default your Photos Library is located in the Pictures folder.

If you cannot find another Photos Library, check your Time Machine backups for a complete version of your Photos Library.

Or have you been using iCloud Photos? Then check the Photos Library at www.icloud.com .

A cleaning app may not have been able to delete your photos from iCloud as well. Also look at the Recently Deleted album on your Mac and in Photos on your Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 9:43 PM in response to JeffT

By default your Photos Library is located in the Pictures folder.

If you cannot find another Photos Library, check your Time Machine backups for a complete version of your Photos Library.

Or have you been using iCloud Photos? Then check the Photos Library at www.icloud.com .

A cleaning app may not have been able to delete your photos from iCloud as well. Also look at the Recently Deleted album on your Mac and in Photos on your Mac.

LOST MY photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.