Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second photo library deletions

I have set up a second photo library in pictures, but when I delete a photo from that library it does not go to the bin or to recently deleted photos. Can anyone advise me where they do go, in case I make a mistake and need to recover? Thanks very much.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 5:10 AM

To delete a photo from your library while viewing an album, hold down the command key⌘ together with the delete key ⌫. The command key ⌘ will change the command "remove from album" to "delete photo". Then the photo should appear in the Recently Deleted album. It may take a few minutes b3fore this happens, if Photos is busy with other things.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 5:10 AM in response to Jet631

To delete a photo from your library while viewing an album, hold down the command key⌘ together with the delete key ⌫. The command key ⌘ will change the command "remove from album" to "delete photo". Then the photo should appear in the Recently Deleted album. It may take a few minutes b3fore this happens, if Photos is busy with other things.

Mar 12, 2021 6:54 AM in response to léonie

Thank you very much for this. I now realise what I've done is delete photos from folders/albums but not the library. I'd be really grateful if you could tell me if there is any way that I can find out which photos in the library are no longer in any folder and then delete from there too. I've just moved from a Windows machine to the Mac and am finding some of the operations a bit confusing.

Thanks again

Second photo library deletions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.