Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

warranty on iPhone purchased in the US - residence in EU

I purchased an iPhone from the US and I currently live in Europe. Do I have a 1 year or 2 year warranty? Does warranty depend on country of purchase or country of residence?

I've read a lot of theories on the subject, but nothing backed by actual Apple warranty documentation. Please provide a link to the documentation backing your answer.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 7:10 AM

Apple’s warranty terms are available online -> https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

All warranties tend to be country specific since every country has different laws regarding what companies are required to provide in terms of warranty. In the USA no company is actually required to provide a written warranty, although all are required to provide some minimal coverage (they do not have to put it in writing though). And the terms of any written warranty are by and large whatever the company writing them wants them to be.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 7:10 AM in response to NucleusMS

Apple’s warranty terms are available online -> https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

All warranties tend to be country specific since every country has different laws regarding what companies are required to provide in terms of warranty. In the USA no company is actually required to provide a written warranty, although all are required to provide some minimal coverage (they do not have to put it in writing though). And the terms of any written warranty are by and large whatever the company writing them wants them to be.

warranty on iPhone purchased in the US - residence in EU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.