Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

black screen of death iphone 12 pro max

phone suddenly died with the black screen this morning, was working fine over the last 11 months. i tried the manual restarts with the volume and power buttons but nothing worked. i don't want to lose all of my data, documents, and pictures, especially since i have hundreds or thousands of pictures and videos of my children in my phone. i dont want to turn over my phone to them to have them refurbish it and give it to someone else. i want them to fix it and return it to me. has anyone had any success getting this fixed without turning your iphone over to apple or getting a refurbished replacement from apple? everything i've read says that this is a hardware issue.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 2:47 PM

Crymaracure wrote:

i don't want to lose all of my data, documents, and pictures, especially since i have hundreds or thousands of pictures and videos of my children in my phone.

That is perfectly understandable and exactly why regularly backing up your iPhone is so important. Backups must occur before catastrophes. After a catastrophe it’s too late.

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 2:47 PM in response to Crymaracure

Crymaracure wrote:

i don't want to lose all of my data, documents, and pictures, especially since i have hundreds or thousands of pictures and videos of my children in my phone.

That is perfectly understandable and exactly why regularly backing up your iPhone is so important. Backups must occur before catastrophes. After a catastrophe it’s too late.

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

black screen of death iphone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.