Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Iphone Xs black screen of death

Does anyone have a fix for the black screen of Death on the Xs? I try to reset, restart, so many time it is till not working? All I get is a Apple logo then nothing else.

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 8:08 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the black screen of death issue with your iPhone XS. I can understand how frustrating that can be. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the problem:

1. Force restart: Press and quickly release the volume up button, then press and quickly release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the side (power) button until you see the Apple logo. This should force restart your iPhone XS and might bring it back to normal operation.

2. Charge your iPhone: Connect your iPhone XS to a charger and let it charge for at least 15-30 minutes. Sometimes, a drained battery can cause issues like the black screen. Ensure that you're using a genuine Apple charger and cable.

3. Update iOS: If your iPhone XS is responsive and you can access it through a computer or another device, try updating the iOS software. Connect your iPhone XS to a computer with iTunes or use the Finder on a Mac running macOS Catalina or later. Follow the on-screen prompts to update your iPhone's software.

4. Recovery mode: If the previous steps didn't work, you can try putting your iPhone XS into recovery mode and restoring it through iTunes or Finder. Here's how to do it:

a. Connect your iPhone XS to a computer and open iTunes or Finder.

b. Force restart your iPhone XS by following the steps mentioned earlier.

c. When you see the "Connect to iTunes" or lightning cable and arrow icon on your iPhone's screen, release the side button.

d. On your computer, you should see a prompt to either Update or Restore your iPhone. Choose the Restore option. This will erase all data on your iPhone XS, so make sure you have a backup if possible.

5. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, it's advisable to reach out to Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance. They have access to more advanced diagnostic tools and can provide tailored guidance for your specific situation.

Please note that these steps are general troubleshooting suggestions and may not resolve every instance of the black screen issue. It's always recommended to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized service provider if you're unsure or need additional assistance.

I hope one of these steps helps you resolve the black screen issue with your iPhone XS. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, feel free to ask.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 8:08 AM in response to Tony328

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the black screen of death issue with your iPhone XS. I can understand how frustrating that can be. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the problem:

1. Force restart: Press and quickly release the volume up button, then press and quickly release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the side (power) button until you see the Apple logo. This should force restart your iPhone XS and might bring it back to normal operation.

2. Charge your iPhone: Connect your iPhone XS to a charger and let it charge for at least 15-30 minutes. Sometimes, a drained battery can cause issues like the black screen. Ensure that you're using a genuine Apple charger and cable.

3. Update iOS: If your iPhone XS is responsive and you can access it through a computer or another device, try updating the iOS software. Connect your iPhone XS to a computer with iTunes or use the Finder on a Mac running macOS Catalina or later. Follow the on-screen prompts to update your iPhone's software.

4. Recovery mode: If the previous steps didn't work, you can try putting your iPhone XS into recovery mode and restoring it through iTunes or Finder. Here's how to do it:

a. Connect your iPhone XS to a computer and open iTunes or Finder.

b. Force restart your iPhone XS by following the steps mentioned earlier.

c. When you see the "Connect to iTunes" or lightning cable and arrow icon on your iPhone's screen, release the side button.

d. On your computer, you should see a prompt to either Update or Restore your iPhone. Choose the Restore option. This will erase all data on your iPhone XS, so make sure you have a backup if possible.

5. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, it's advisable to reach out to Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance. They have access to more advanced diagnostic tools and can provide tailored guidance for your specific situation.

Please note that these steps are general troubleshooting suggestions and may not resolve every instance of the black screen issue. It's always recommended to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized service provider if you're unsure or need additional assistance.

I hope one of these steps helps you resolve the black screen issue with your iPhone XS. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, feel free to ask.

Iphone Xs black screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.