Black screen

My iPhone 11 Pro just stopped working early today, like the screen went black and it randomly flashes the apple logo. I do not know how this happened. I wanted to know if it would fix itself or would I have to get a new one?

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 8:31 PM

MHugh_06 Said:

"Black screen: My iPhone 11 Pro just stopped working early today, like the screen went black and it randomly flashes the apple logo. I do not know how this happened. I wanted to know if it would fix itself or would I have to get a new one? "

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Seem you iPhone may have tried to update itself, yet it got stalled while in the process. Now, you are in a boot loop. So, read the followup on completing this update.

Troubleshooting Failed Updates:

A. Why the Issue?

You lost connection to Apple's server. Perhaps Wi-Fi dropped? Or, perhaps there was too much data being swollen up on your part while connecting to a Public LAN(i.e. at a Library or a Campground)? Or, perhaps there is utility work down the street.

B. Getting Out of a Boot Loop:

Is your iPhone stuck in a Boot Loop? When this update installation stalls while in the process, this can result in your iPhone being in a Boot LoopSo, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 8:31 PM in response to MHugh_06

MHugh_06 Said:

"Black screen: My iPhone 11 Pro just stopped working early today, like the screen went black and it randomly flashes the apple logo. I do not know how this happened. I wanted to know if it would fix itself or would I have to get a new one? "

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Seem you iPhone may have tried to update itself, yet it got stalled while in the process. Now, you are in a boot loop. So, read the followup on completing this update.

Troubleshooting Failed Updates:

A. Why the Issue?

You lost connection to Apple's server. Perhaps Wi-Fi dropped? Or, perhaps there was too much data being swollen up on your part while connecting to a Public LAN(i.e. at a Library or a Campground)? Or, perhaps there is utility work down the street.

B. Getting Out of a Boot Loop:

Is your iPhone stuck in a Boot Loop? When this update installation stalls while in the process, this can result in your iPhone being in a Boot LoopSo, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough.

Black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.