Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless keyboard not pairing with New Mac Mini M1

Apart from not being able to use my iMac late 2013 as a display for a Mac MiniM1 (incompatible!!!)

I bought a new monitor. Joined them up. The mouse paired -no problems. Then the wireless Mac keyboard A1314 would not pair. I unpaired it from my iMac as suggested and it still will not pair. All the help articles rely on a keyboard already being connected to the monitor! Just go to Preferences…..with a mouse only?

This brand new Mac Mini is very problematic and to not appear to be compatible with a Mac screen as well as a Mac keyboard. Is my only solution to buy a new Magic keyboard? Thank you

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 8:42 AM

The A1314 is over a decade old, so yes, obsolete.

Brand loyalty can mean different things to different people, ditto for value. To me, the M1 is vastly underpriced, so the expense of a new keyboard and trackpad is essentially paid for, an easy decision. Furthermore, my loyalty is also partly due to Apple’s emphasis on security. Compatibility with older versions of Bluetooth cuts into that quite a bit.

Shrug it off and swipe! You won’t revisit this discussion the minute you have your hands on it. It’s charm to use and works without a hitch. You can skip the TouchID function and save 20 bucks. And while you’re at it consider plunking another $129 for a Magic trackpad as well, a real beaut.

Too bad I don’t get commission for these plugs 😁🍻

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Samjamesaus

The A1314 is over a decade old, so yes, obsolete.

Brand loyalty can mean different things to different people, ditto for value. To me, the M1 is vastly underpriced, so the expense of a new keyboard and trackpad is essentially paid for, an easy decision. Furthermore, my loyalty is also partly due to Apple’s emphasis on security. Compatibility with older versions of Bluetooth cuts into that quite a bit.

Shrug it off and swipe! You won’t revisit this discussion the minute you have your hands on it. It’s charm to use and works without a hitch. You can skip the TouchID function and save 20 bucks. And while you’re at it consider plunking another $129 for a Magic trackpad as well, a real beaut.

Too bad I don’t get commission for these plugs 😁🍻

Dec 18, 2021 8:16 AM in response to hcsitas

Yes a good option - but expensive. It may be my only option. In my opinion. I shouldn’t need to buy a new version of what already worked well on my IMac. A great example of planned obsolescence I expect. I’m not sure my patience with Apple will last too long with this sort of disrespect for brand loyalty. Thank you for your response. Cheers

Wireless keyboard not pairing with New Mac Mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.