Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imazing detail on why I cannot update my Ipad?

What does this mean and how can I fix please? I have done all the suggested reboots/re-downloads/out of beta program/wifi, imac routes etc to nill effect. The Apple way just keeps coming up Error 4000. So I have tried different leads, all okay, directly plugged into imac (running Big Sur). Last attempt with Imazing came up with this but I don't have a clue what it means.

Thank you in anticipation for any guidance on this you can give.

Domain=com.apple.MobileDevice.MobileRestore Code=4037 "Failed to commit stashbag" UserInfo=

{NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to commit stashbag, NSUnderlyingError=0x600007610030 {Error Domain=com.apple.MobileDevice.MobileRestore Code=4000 "Stashbag commit failed: NULL manifest - manifest is required on this device" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Stashbag commit failed: NULL manifest - manifest is required on this device}}}

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 8:58 AM

Have you tried restoring the iPad, rather than updating? Have you tried updating on the iPad itself?

~Lyssa

Similar questions

2 replies

Imazing detail on why I cannot update my Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.