Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen shots on my iMac screen

Too many screen shots on my iMac screen, when I delete on the screen also the downloaded screen shots disapperar from my download. Any way to delete on the screen but not in download?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:31 AM

Hi Leif a,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about screenshots. We're happy to share some information to help.

If we understand correctly, it sounds like you want to remove them from the desktop, but still have access to them on your Mac. If that's the case you can change where screenshots are saved. Use Command + Shift + 5 > Options and choose from the menu where you would like screenshots to save.

Thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Leif a

Hi Leif a,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about screenshots. We're happy to share some information to help.

If we understand correctly, it sounds like you want to remove them from the desktop, but still have access to them on your Mac. If that's the case you can change where screenshots are saved. Use Command + Shift + 5 > Options and choose from the menu where you would like screenshots to save.

Thanks

Screen shots on my iMac screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.