Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I transfer applications from my old mac to my new mac, what happens to the duplicate applications that are already on my new mac?

If I transfer applications from my old mac to my new mac, what happens to the applications that are already on my new mac? Do the old apps replace them or does it recognize that those apps are already there?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 10:40 AM

If the Applications from Old are 32 bit applications they will probably Not Transfers.

If they are 64 Bit Application and the existing Applications are already installed on the New Computer running Monterey on an Apple Silicon M1 Computer, there could be some pollution on the new computer.

Intel Based Application if 64 Bit will generally work if Monterey compatible.

The Native Apple Applications are Written Specific for the M1 ARMs based computer, old Applications are not

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2021 10:40 AM in response to Midavis

If the Applications from Old are 32 bit applications they will probably Not Transfers.

If they are 64 Bit Application and the existing Applications are already installed on the New Computer running Monterey on an Apple Silicon M1 Computer, there could be some pollution on the new computer.

Intel Based Application if 64 Bit will generally work if Monterey compatible.

The Native Apple Applications are Written Specific for the M1 ARMs based computer, old Applications are not

If I transfer applications from my old mac to my new mac, what happens to the duplicate applications that are already on my new mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.