📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Recovery Screen Stuck On Mac

So I installed Windows 10 onto my MacBook Pro (I believe it was a 2020 or 2019 model) and later decided I didn’t need it at all. Then I tried to remove it on the Disk Utility tab which seemed to not have worked because now I get this horrible screen on my Mac. I tried all restarting options I could find and pressed every key combination to help but no matter what I do it’s stuck on this screen. I’m open to all suggestions that are quick if possible, I need this laptop for drawing and school.

(Image attached below)

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 5:41 PM

Try a PRAM Reset (hold for at least two chimes) to clear out the default boot settings. After the PRAM Reset the Mac should boot into macOS by default assuming it was not damaged.

Boot into Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R). Once booted into Internet Recovery Mode try modify the Startup Disk System Preferences to select macOS as the default boot option.

FYI, you should have used Boot Camp Assistant to remove Windows and the Windows' partition(s).

Edit: Should have mentioned to try an Option Boot to see if the macOS volume is seen as bootable. My options may allow you to access your macOS data if you don't have a current backup, but like @lllaass mentions you will most likely need to erase the whole physical drive and reinstall macOS again.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2021 5:41 PM in response to danuta294

Try a PRAM Reset (hold for at least two chimes) to clear out the default boot settings. After the PRAM Reset the Mac should boot into macOS by default assuming it was not damaged.

Boot into Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R). Once booted into Internet Recovery Mode try modify the Startup Disk System Preferences to select macOS as the default boot option.

FYI, you should have used Boot Camp Assistant to remove Windows and the Windows' partition(s).

Edit: Should have mentioned to try an Option Boot to see if the macOS volume is seen as bootable. My options may allow you to access your macOS data if you don't have a current backup, but like @lllaass mentions you will most likely need to erase the whole physical drive and reinstall macOS again.

Windows Recovery Screen Stuck On Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.