Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Connectivity with Air Pod Pros

I’ve found that on my iPhone 7 the Bluetooth connectivity between the phone and the airpods becomes funky when the phone is sleeping. More specifically, when Apple Music changes from one song to the next or I try to skip a song while the phone is sleeping it struggles and there is static. If I turn the phone on and manually skip the songs by touching the phone or tapping the airpods it works fine. It’s annoying that the iPhone 7 has this issue with Apple Music and air pods.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 7:24 PM

Hello ianboss123,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're noticing an issue with your AirPods Pro and your iPhone 7 connection while your iPhone is sleeping. See if the steps in the following guides help to resolve this:

If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 7:24 PM in response to ianboss123

Hello ianboss123,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're noticing an issue with your AirPods Pro and your iPhone 7 connection while your iPhone is sleeping. See if the steps in the following guides help to resolve this:

If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Dec 20, 2021 11:54 AM in response to ianboss123

ianboss123,

That's really good to know. Were you able to follow the steps from the guides we provided earlier? If not, we recommend completing those. If the behavior continues, you'll want to have your AirPods serviced: AirPods Replacement, Service, and Repair

Your AirPods may also qualify for this program: AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues

Cheers.

Bluetooth Connectivity with Air Pod Pros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.