Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app - change primary language

This question is already asked but not a single answer from Apple.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250787649?answerId=251496841022#251496841022

How can I change the main language in the Apple TV app to English or do I really have to change it manually every time I watch a episode?

Changing the country of origin my AppleID will effect the current sunscription of my app.

This is mostly annoying. Please respond!

Cheers!

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 5:49 AM

Well now I understand it’s your  TV app , I get that all the time because my primary language it’s Spanish and when I want to play a movie I have to change language manually so what I can suggest you is go to system preferences on your Mac assuming notebook is not a windows pc then in language & region hope this can help you

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 5:49 AM in response to osmaniac34

Well now I understand it’s your  TV app , I get that all the time because my primary language it’s Spanish and when I want to play a movie I have to change language manually so what I can suggest you is go to system preferences on your Mac assuming notebook is not a windows pc then in language & region hope this can help you

Dec 19, 2021 3:31 AM in response to Ozzie1910

Hi Ozzie,

sorry, I was referring to the AppleTV App on my notebook. I am from Germany and I have to change every time, every episode the language and subtitles to English. Although you can add languages in app preferences the app load the language of the OS or my country as the main language. There is no possibility to set an primary order.

Thanks for the reply tough!

Best

Dec 19, 2021 7:20 AM in response to Ozzie1910

Thank you very much Ozzy!

I knew about the first idea, but the second suggestion is much better, because it changes not the whole OS. I didn't know that you can change the lanuguage just on the App level.

Nevertheless changing languages permamently should be possible within the TV App, just like every other streaming service does.

Also I really don't understand why I am forced to close the movie window to start the next episode. Is it too simple just to implement a next episode button?

With kind reagrds Ozzy and thank you again!

Apple TV app - change primary language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.